Follow

Monday, June 17, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments in Downtown Brown

So many new drugstore beauty products that I want to try! Maybelline recently came out with a new line of Color Tattoo Pure Pigments. Color Tattoos are very popular in the beauty world. So when I bought these, I had high expectations.




They came out with 12 shades. The one I picked is Downtown Brown which is a golden bronze. It's a lovely neutral for everyday wear that will get people asking what you have on your eyes. It reminds of the very popular Color Tattoo in 'Bad to the bronze'. To start off, I will say that I have a love-hate relationship with pigments. They are too messy for my taste. So I just own very few pigments. But these one are quite easy to work with, they blend well and are finely milled.




They last a very long time. They barely fade. Downtown Brown is the only Pure Pigments I've tried, but I can say that it's quite pigmented. As I don't have that much experience with pigments, I'm happy that there's some drugstore pigments eyeshadows that I can try without breaking the bank!

To avoid fallout and creasing, I would suggest a primer and a Color Tattoo that is close to your Pure Pigments. For Downtown Brown it would be: Bad to the bronze.

As I have only tried one, I can say that I am pleased with it. Downtown Brown is great everyday color that gets compliments. I'm not too sure if there's other ones I want to try but I would like to experiment more with the Pure Pigments!

What are your favorite Color Tattoo Pure Pigments?


Follow me/Contact me:
  

9 comments :

  1. This is such a pretty color! I've been waiting for these to hit the shelves, but so far I've only seen the baby lips electro collection and the Big Eyes mascara.

    So these are actually marketed as a mineral product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it is! i have not seen the baby lips electro collection, can't wait though!

      oops i don't know why i wrote that instead of pigments ahah, too tired! i will change that.

      Delete
    2. Oh no problem, I just didn't know if they were mineral or pigment and I was confused :)

      Delete
  2. I have never tried these but I have seen them around a lot! I should maybe get one to try it out!! This color looks really good!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, if they are all like this, they are super pigmented! Xx

      Delete
  3. I have the Potent Purple shade and this looks way more pigmented! I can only make Potent Purple look its best if I use it wet. I may need to pick up this shade because its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

i appreciate having feedback. i also love receiving suggestions for upcoming post so dont be scared to leave some! i try to read and reply to all of my comments, they honestly mean so much to me <3 if you want to email me, you can do so at sparklethiscity@outlook.com Xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...